Senior Management Accounts Assistant
Luxury fashion lifestyle brand, Aspinal of London, are hiring for our Finance team based in leafy West Sussex. At Aspinal, we do things differently. We believe in creating the most amazing experiences for both our customers and our team members. We are growing at an incredible rate, and we are looking for passionate and determined people to join us on the journey.
The Senior Management Accounts Assistant is a key position within the Finance organisation, reporting directly into the Financial Controller.
The role includes a combination of external-facing responsibilities, working closely with other functions within the business and third parties outside of it, and responsibility for autonomously managing various ‘back-office’ operations. The role also involves a combination of managing existing finance systems and processes to ensure they run smoothly, but also provides the opportunity for the candidate to design and implement process improvements in line with the ongoing development of the Finance function in a dynamic and fast-growing company such as Aspinal of London.
- Act as the principle contact for Suppliers on all financial matters, including planning and scheduling supplier payments and managing the Supplier Finance facilities with the Bank.
- Own the short-term Cashflow forecast, presenting the actual and forecasted positions to the Controller and CFO.
- Assist the Financial Controller in preparing and reviewing the monthly Management Accounts.
- Assist the Financial Controller in completing the annual external Audit.
- Work with the relevant parties inside the company to forecast and manage Capital Projects.
- Manage the Fixed Assets processes in conjunction with the Accounts Assistant.
- Perform analysis and assist in the preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Provide cover for both the sales and purchase ledger functions.
- Partner with the Head of Financial Strategy and other business leaders with ad-hoc Financial Analysis.
- Propose and assist with various system and process improvements.
- Qualified or part qualified AAT/CIMA
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proactive individual focused on system and reporting improvements
- Some experience in preparation of balance sheet accounts
- VAT Experience
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics Nav preferable
- Excellent Communication skills, combined with a flexible and positive approach
- Ability to build relationships and credibility with Stakeholders
- Able to prioritise, work independently and manage time effectively
There's plenty of them...
- Great progression opportunities for ALL team members
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Employee Discount
- Constant training, coaching and mentoring